In over 30 years, we haven't missed a beat.
This summer, Denton Regional Medical Center is celebrating 30 years of providing Denton County with the best cardiac care available. Our state-of-the-art technology and advanced surgical techniques have put us at the forefront of cardiac care for more than three decades. We would like to share with you some of what we have accomplished over the past thirty years.
- 1980: Our Heart Center opens.
- 1985: We open the first cardiac catheterization lab in Denton County.
- 1992: We perform the first open heart surgery in Denton County.
- 1999: Denton Regional Medical Center is named a Top 100 Hospital in the US for our Open Heart Program.
- 2005: We become the first accredited Chest Pain Center in Denton County.
- 2009: We provide technology to area EMS providers to allow transmission of EKGs from the field to the hospital, decreasing "door-to-balloon" time.
- 2011: Dr. Cai performs the first minimally invasive robot-assisted heart surgery in the region.
- 2012: Our new electrophysiology lab opens to diagnose and treat patients with abnormal heart rhythms.
Would you like to find out more about what makes Denton Regional Medical Center "first in heart?" Please visit us online to learn more about our Heart Center, our Center for Vascular Surgery, Cardiac Rehabilitation and our Heart Matters program.To meet with one of our cardiac specialists, please call 1-855-477-DRMC for a physician referral.
Stay tuned to our website, blog, Facebook page and Twitter feed for more about cardiac care this month at Denton Regional Medical Center. You will be reading more about our new electrophysiology lab, hearing from our staff of cardiac specialists and learning more about the advanced cardiac care we provide the Denton community. We're care you can trust.